Current Affairs 30 Sep 2023
Daily Current Capsules
30 September 2023
- Indian Naval Ships Ranvijay (guided-missile Destroyer), Kavaratti (ASW Corvette), submarine Sindhukesari and a long range Maritime Patrol Aircraft P8I participated in the 30th edition of Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) in Singapore.
- First held in 1994, the three-decade-old annual exercise kicked off with an opening ceremony on 21 September 2023, which was attended by personnel from both the navies.
- Experts recommended 24 start-ups for technical as well as financial support from a total fund of Rs 20 Cr allocated for accelerating promising ideas, innovations, and technologies, at the ATMAN 2023 programme organised by the Department of Science & Technology (DST) and four Technology Innovation Hubs set up under the National Mission on Inter-disciplinary Cyber Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) at four IITs– Ropar, Bombay, Indore and Kharagpur.
- Top pitch of the sessions were selected and awarded with best pitch award while 20 key agri-tech technologies developed by the four TIHs were showcased at the exhibition organised during the programme.
- During the programme a Grand Challenge & Competition (GCC) was launched by Technology and Innovation Hub for Internet of Things (IoT) at IIT Bombay for providing a platform where visionary thinkers can craft innovative, modular, and cost-effective solutions to develop IoT Technologies for interconnecting water, land, and air
- SAMRIDHI 2.0 or Strategic Acceleration for Market, Research, Innovation & Development: a Holistic Initiative for ICPS Startups under NM – ICPS, was launched by IIT Ropar Technology
National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical System (NM-ICPS)
The Union Cabinet approved the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber
Physical System (NM-ICPS) in December, 2018 at a total outlay of Rs.3660 Crores for a period of five years to be implemented by the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- As part of the Mission implementation, 25 Technology Innovation Hubs (TIHs) have been established in advanced technologies in reputed institutes across the country.
- These TIHs focus on technology development and translation, human resource and skill development, entrepreneurship and start-ups development, and international collaborative research.
NM-ICPS is a comprehensive Mission that brings together academia, industry,
government and international organizations and has created an ecosystem that fosters entrepreneurship, develops next-generation skilled manpower, catalyses translational research, and promotes the commercialization of CPS technologies.
Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)
- Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, will be hosting the 46th edition of the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Travel Mart 2023 at the magnificent International Exhibition-cum-Convention Centre (IECC), Pragati Maidan, in New Delhi.
- The Mart is scheduled to take place from October 4th to 6th 2023, bringing together tourism professionals and business stakeholders from across the world.
- The physical version of the Travel Mart is being held after a hiatus of three years due to the pandemic.
Know! about PATA
- The Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) founded in 1951, with its Head Quarters in Bangkok, is a renowned not-for-profit association recognized internationally for its role as a catalyst in the responsible development of travel and tourism in the Asia Pacific region.
- PATA Travel Mart is one of the important international trade exhibitions catering to the tourism sector and it serves as a platform for trade interactions between global buyers and sellers mostly from the Asia Pacific region.
- The Mart will bring together exhibitors and attendees from diverse sectors, offering a unique platform for networking, learning and collaboration.
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER)
- Union Home Minister and Minister of Cooperation Shri Amit Shah inaugurated the permanent campus of the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Ahmedabad, in Gujarat
- NIPER Ahmedabad would serve as a good launching platform to revamp the pharma education and research, to initiate the new era of pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences.
Know! about National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER)
- NIPER Hyderabad is an “Institute of National Importance”
- NIPER-Mohali was the first institute established in the year 1998 under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, the Govt. of India.
- The visionary augmentation of the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Government of India has led to the establishment of six new NIPERS in 2007
KEEP Learning KEEP Evolving