CUET 2024 Exam Update: Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus & Strategy
All you need to know about CUET 2024
The Common University Entrance Test (CUET), earlier known as Central Universities Common Entrance Test (CUCET) is an all-India test being organized by the National Testing Agency for admission to various Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Integrated Postgraduate, Doctorates, Diploma, Certification courses and Research Programmes.
There are 44 central universities and 213 other universities which offer admissions based on the CUET scores.
The CUET exam evaluates not just your academic expertise but also your capacity for critical thinking and problem-solving. Achieving a strong CUET score can be your ticket to gaining admission to your desired college. Moreover, excelling in this test can open doors to scholarships and financial aid. Some of the other reasons why CUET is important are Equal opportunity for each student, an End to Subjective bias, Clarity of Rank, End to cut-off Wrestling.
When is the CUET 2024?
Undergraduate: May 2024 (May 15-31)
Postgraduate: March 2024 (March 11-28)
What are the CUET 2024 Eligibility Criteria?
- Undergraduate: For general category candidates, the student must have received at least 50% on their grade in the 12th grade, and for SC/ST students, 45%.
- Postgraduate: The student’s graduation degree grade must have been at least 55% in the general category and 50% in the SC/ST/OBC/PWD category. There are various areas where the cut-off is different for OBC candidate students.
- Doctorate: The applicant must hold a post-graduate degree in the relevant field with a minimum of 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates, 50% for OBC candidates, and 55% for general applicants.
What is the CUET 2024 Syllabus?
- Section I: Language: RC (Reading Comprehension), Grammar, Books & Authors, etc.
Section IA: English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Assamese, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Marathi, Punjabi, Odia, and Urdu.
Section IB: Chinese, German, French, Arabic, Italian, Japanese, Nepali, Russian, Spanish, Tibetan, Dogri, Bodo, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Manipuri, Santhali, and Sindhi.
- Section II: Domain Subjects
NCERT Class 12 syllabus: Accountancy, Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry, Computer Sciences, Economics, Geography, History, Home Science, Legal Studies, Maths, Physics, Political Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology.
- Section III: General Test
General Knowledge and Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numeric Ability, Quantitative Reasoning, and Logical and Analytical Reasoning.
How to Prepare for CAT 2024?
- Identify all the topics that you need to focus on& make a strategic plan to cover those topics.
- Invest in good-quality study materials, textbooks, and previous years’ question papers. Reliable sources can provide you with accurate and relevant content.
- Develop effective time management skills by setting time limits for each section of the exam. Practice solving questions within the allotted time to improve your speed.
- Take mock tests regularly to simulate the exam environment. Analyze your performance and identify areas where you need improvement.
- Keep yourself updated with current affairs and general knowledge, especially for sections like current affairs and general awareness.
- Stay healthy, Stay consistent & manage stress.